Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yiddish Schmiddish

I just completed the online Survey of American Jewish Language (HT polyglot conspiracy). No, I'm not Jewish, but the survey is about the use of language with no special requirements on who is doing the using.

To be honest, I was not impressed with the survey design. There is ambiguity in many of the response choices, making the results difficult to interpret. But, true to my word, I'm all for moving forward with using the interwebs as a tool for linguistic research. We gotta start somewhere, right? We'll tinker with the methodology as we move forward.

So, what do we learn out from this?

No comments:

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...