Thursday, January 7, 2010

Twitter Project: Medieval and Renaissance Minds

In an attempt to be connected to the 21st century world, I have begun a brief Twitter project wherein I will be tweeting HERE (#awlobf) one sentence for every page of the bestseller A World Lit Only by Fire: The Medieval Mind and the Renaissance: Portrait of an Age by historian William Manchester from Thursday, January 7 at 9am through Monday, January 11 at 7pm.

Each Tweet is intended to be a pithy gloss of the take-away point of that page of the book. The tweets will be in order and each will begin with the page number it is associated with (1-296). The tweets will be published periodically between 9am and 7pm each day from Thursday January 7th though Monday January 11 (the date of the book club meeting). I will use SocialOomph to automate the tweets (HT HATProject).

For more, see the tweets here and a brief explanation here.

2 comments:

MISS LORI said...

I'm intrigued. Hope I can figure out where to find your tweets in order to read them.

LJ

Chris said...

Just click the big HERE in the first sentence of the post.

Nuts and Bolts of Applying Deep Learning (Andrew Ng)

I recently watched Andrew Ng's excellent lecture from 2016 Nuts and Bolts of Applying Deep Learning and took notes. I post them as a he...