- American South - Ah cain't find th' page yer lookin' fer.
- Australia - Strewth mate yer bloody page has shot through.
- Blond - like omg! ur file has not been found, go paint ur nails and try back later, lol^^....I FOUND A QUARTER!
- Cockney - No chance luv, carrnt find it neever.
- Pirate - Haaarr, Lubber! I've sailed yon seas with toil and trial, and yet I cannot find ye file!
- Pittsburghese - This page needs fixed n'at... it's all caddywhompus! Yinz needs look somewheres else.
- Zombie - Arrgrg 404 BrAiNs aAAArrggh No ggrrgrh page brAiNz heRe BrAAAAIIINNSSSS!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
the linguistics of 404 FILE NOT FOUND
A cute site providing humorous translations of the world's most frustrating search result. Personal favs:
I have at best a passing familiarity with word vectors, strictly from a 30,000 foot view. I've never directly used them outside a handfu...
I used the phrase god awful in a comment at Language Log and it occurs to me that it's an odd little creature. From the OED *: Pronu...
Purpose: This post reviews my experience interviewing for a Linguist position at Google in Santa Monica, CA on February 29, 2008. I've ...
Bob Carpenter recently made the following comment on one of my posts: I'm very excited to hear that linguists are beginning to take sta...